Access Statement For Crakehall Watermill B&B
Our B&B is an Historical Grade 2 Listed building, with 3 guest bedrooms & bathrooms all on the 1st floor. The staircase to the 1st floor has 12 steps with 2 half landings. We acknowledge that the age & layout of our home does create some access issues but we will do our best to assist our guests where we can.
• You may contact us by letter, phone or email.
• Our information can be provided in large format by request.
- Local bus service Northallerton to Bedale (Route 73) then Bedale to Hawes (Routes 156/157) approx hourly during the day www.procterscoaches.com Booking Hotline: 01677 425203.
- We are situated just off the A684 1.5 miles west of the market town of Bedale and Leyburn is 8 miles further west.
- Nearest railway station is Northallerton (East Coast Mainline).
- Accessible taxis: Coopers Cabs, Bedale 01677 424252
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Access from the public road is via our private driveway, approx 150m, clearly signed from the public road.
• Plenty of off road private parking adjacent to the property.
• We can offer assistance from the car park to the front door.
• Parking is on gravel and on a slight gradient, as the site slopes down towards river but guests can be dropped off on flat ground.
• Car Park to Entrance: There are 3 steps up from the car park, 20cm height a short platform, then 23cm & 15 cm high, a stone gateway 90cm wide. A handrail is provided. Stone paving slabs and gravel path to the front door (approx 9mx1m wide). The front door step is 18cm high and the door is 80cm wide. There is a threshold strip into the porch, 1m long and a 2nd door, 80cm wide, into the hall.
Main Entrance & Reception
• There is a doormat inside the front door. The hall has a wooden floor, 2 mats, is 90cm wide and 4m long with a 12cm step up at 3m with contrasting mat by the step. There is a door to the left, 80cm wide, into the sitting room and a door, 80cm wide, to the right into the dining room. The lobby area beyond has a carpet and the staircase goes up from the lobby.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
• Entrance hall and dining room have a wooden floor. The sitting room, lobby, stairs and landing have carpets. There are 12 steps on the stairs, each 80-90cm wide: 5 steps, approx 20cm high, then a small landing, 3 steps, another small landing, then 4 steps to the top. Staircase has handrail on left and dado rail on right. Large window on staircase. Landing is 6m long by 90 cm wide, narrowing to 70cm. 20cm step up to bedroom at end of corridor with contrasting colour mat in front of step.
Public Areas – WC no WC in public areas
• Central dining table 70cm high, 60cm clearance. Chairs with and without arms. Menu available, also in large print. We endeavour to cater for special dietary requirement and it is appreciated if we are advised in advance.
- carpeted, 2 x 2 large seater sofas with loose feather filled cushions, 2 x carver chairs, seat height 40cm.
• 3 large, spacious bedrooms on 1st floor accessed via staircase. All have hard wired smoke alarms with battery back up.
• 1st Bedroom & En-suite: Door width 80cm. Twin or Super king bed 62cm high. Short piled carpet. Step up 15cm to spacious en-suite. Door width 70cm. Slip resistant floor. Step up 28cm into 90cm square shower cubicle. Bath 56cm high with hand grips. Wash basin and WC.
• 2nd Bedroom & Bathroom. Door width 75cm King size bed 62cm high. Short piled carpet. Private bathroom 2m from bedroom. Night light on corridor. Door width 70cm. Step up 20cm into 70cm square shower cubicle. Bath 56cm high with hand grips. Wash basin and WC.
• 3rd Bedroom & En-suite. 20cm step to door, width 75cm, to lobby. Door to bedroom 70cm wide. King size bed 62cm high. Short piled carpet. Door to spacious en-suite 70cm wide. Short pile carpet. Bath 56cm high with shower over. No bath grips. Grab rail on tiled wall above bath. Wash basin and WC.
Grounds and Gardens
• Gravel path to lawned garden. Gentle slope. Guests are welcome to enjoy the garden. There are chairs and benches in the garden. Afternoon tea can be served outside in warm weather. Shade provided by mature apple tree.
• Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like any further information.
• 3 self-catering holiday cottages on the same site, 2 of which have ground floor accommodation. Website www.crakehallwatermillcottages.co.uk or please phone 01677 423240 or write for more details.
• in case of need for evacuation, use the front door or back door (back door is straight through the kitchen) and assemble at the far end of the car park.
• We live on the premises and will alert residents personally if evacuation is needed.
• Please let us know of any special requirements at the time of booking.
- Nearest Shop. Crakehall Village Shop & Filling Station on the Village Green, 500m away, is open Mon – Sat.
• Address: Crakehall Watermill B&B, Hackforth Road, Little Crakehall, Bedale, North Yorkshire DL8 1HU
• Telephone: 01677 423240 or from overseas (+44) 1677 423240
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.crakehallwatermill.co.uk
• Grid reference: 99:SE243902
• Hours of operation: Arrival between 4pm & 7pm preferred. Departure by 11am. Owners live on the premises and are available between arrival and departure times in case of emergency.
• Emergency number: 999
• Local public transport numbers: Travelline 0871 200 2223 www.traveline.info
• A local accessible taxi company: Coopers Cabs, Bedale 01677 424252
• Consideration of colour contrast in critical areas when redecorating.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01677 423240 or email email@example.com
Last updated September 2015